Good Morning!!! Today is day 2 of 21! I hope everyone is off to a good start. There are some people on this cleanse with us that have never done a cleanse before and for that matter, never even considered that the food we eat become part of who we are. There are others of us on this cleanse that have done this many times.
Don't be fooled... as fresh or as seasoned as you are with cleansing, you will have challenges. That is actually part of the point, right? We are letting go of food habits that in a lot of ways are emotional defense mechanisms. We are letting go of toxins from our body tissues that may have been lodged in there, sometimes, as far back as the womb. We are getting a peek at our 'food behavior' particularly during the times you are normally shoving fast food unconsciously into your mouth. A cleanse brings up a lot! That is why I am starting this blog for us. Together we are much stronger than individually.
1. Remember to drink PLENTY of water. If you're bored with the water... add cucumber, mint, lemon, and/or rosemary.
2. Don't let yourself get hungry. That makes the cleanse a real drag! Make an extra smoothy when you're hungry, or eat an apple. Ask yourself, are you really hungry or are you just used to grabbing Cheeto's at 230 every day. If so find a competing behavior like going for a walk, sitting in nature, reading a book, writing in your journal. Notice the random thoughts about food and do your best to replace them with thoughts that are more vitalistic.
3. Make wild rice and add it to your salads... yum
4. Vegetable broth is something I love to sip on during the day... its warm and comforting. You can make your own or buy the Organic one from Imagine (they have it at Rainbow)
5. Move your body
6. Reach out to us when you are struggling. Maybe some of you could plan a meal together. Tanya may even be interested in leading you through cooking a couple meals that are in the cleanse for you to have during the week. She has done this cleanse before and came up with lovely options to make the food on here interesting.
7. If you mess up. It's okay. Start over on your next meal. If you are really struggling or a big guy (like Tim), go ahead and use the meal plan that starts on Day 11 now. It will give you more protein.
I am sure there will be more, but I wanted to get this out there as a start.
I am grateful to be on this journey with you all.
To me a cleanse is very sacred. I see my body as the temple I live in and I want it shining bright and healthy so that I can do the things I love for my entire lifetime~
Tomorrow from 830-930 am... Join me at Magnolia to cultivate, through meditation and yoga, a peaceful space in your bodymind and ways to find peace when we are feeling challenged by this cleanse as well as in life.
Dr. Stephanie Bridwell